RSS

If it ain't broke, don't fix it


Landon is about 6 and a half months old now.  And if I haven't learned anything else in this whirlwind on-the-job-training of being a mom, I've learned to let things be.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Maybe an odd parenting mantra, but one I can proudly stand by.

It's so easy to get caught up in what the experts say.  I'm not about to debunk Ferber, Le Leche League, or even my own well-meaning relatives and friends from expert-status.  These are all experts, of their own kids and their own situations.  And when the going gets tough, there's nothing wrong with going to the experts for advice.  But when things are honestly peachy?  No reason to meddle!

This is why my son is sleeping on my pillow in my bed right now next to me after I nursed him to sleep.  The experts tell me that putting a baby to sleep on something soft can be dangerous...and that he should sleep in his own crib.... and that nursing him to sleep is creating a bad-habit of dependency on being nursed in order to sleep.  BUT IT WORKS.  He's happy.  He's sleeping. Which means I'M happy.  This situation ain't broke, so I'm not about to fix it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 The "ain't broke" Baby. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy