RSS

2-3-4


All of my sleep knowledge comes from http://www.askmoxie.org/. I think her advice is the most realistic and natural. She reccomends a 2-3-4 schedule for naps: 1st nap 2 hours after they wake up in the morning, then 2nd nap 3 hours after they woke up from the first nap and then bedtime 4 hours after they wake up from the 2nd nap. It's not too rigid of a routine because it allows them to sleep however long they need. And I find the 2-3-4 time frame really fits Landon's natural sleep needs. 

But until last week when I left Landon with my mom all day I hadn't realized just how natural it is for him.

I left him with her at 7 and left for work. At 7:30 he started fussing big time--2 hours after he had woken up (5:30). She finally got him to fall asleep by laying with him on the bed at 8, but around 8:15 when she tried to move, he woke up (Luckily, refreshed! But not about to fall back asleep).

He ate, played, la-de-da, then he started getting fussy around 11:15. She left him on the floor to go get a bottle but when she came back he was conked out--3 hours after he had woken up from the first cat nap! He slept about an hour.

I got home at 3 and tried my darndest to get him to nap because we had a pediatrician appointment at 4:30 but he would have none of it. But sure enough on the way to the ped, about 4:20, he fell asleep--4 hours after he had woken up! That little 5 min nap refreshed him again until 7:00.

So our schedule is not a schedule really, it's so loose. But he has fallen into that 2-3-4 like a pro and now it's when he sleeps. Of course when I'm home I try to get him to sleep longer than 15 min. Poor grandma!

(Can I say I'm proud? Because I'm finally starting to know what I'm talking about!)

...I wonder if there's a book about 2-3-4...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2009 The "ain't broke" Baby. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy